Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Summer Road Trip

So this summer we went on a road trip.  We all loaded up in the van, including the dog, and drove to Colorado where my grandma lives, just 2 days after Toby had ankle surgery.  He was stuck in the back with his leg propped up and drugged out.  Quite an adventure I must say.  We met my parents and my brother and his family there for one of my cousins wedding.  The boys had a blast romping around on the farm.  Of course Lucas walked around the place like he was the coolest cowboy around!  They got to collect the eggs, help feed the goats, horses, and chickens, ride the 4 wheelers, and just run around like crazy!  Needless to say they had a blast.  Then after that we headed down to Las Vegas for a week to see my family.  We got to see good friends we haven't seen for a while and spend a lot of time with my parents, which my boys love.  The boys were soooooo spoiled it wasn't even funny.  But I guess that is what grandparents are suppose to do.  Then we packed up and headed back to good ole' Texas.  When we were less than an hour away from home I got pulled over and got a stinkin' speeding ticket.  Dang-o Texas Highway Patrol.  I was only going barely 8 miles an hour over the speed limit, keep in mind while staying with the flow of traffic, but I guess the old fart from the Podunk town doesn't have anything better to do than pull over hot mamas in pimpin mini vans.  So now I am stuck with doing an online traffic school.  But other than that we had a pretty good road trip.  I am glad we were able to go since we will be moving in about 5 months!  Unfortunately I have no idea where Toby has the pictures from this trip so I will have to put them up later!

No comments: